If you are unfamiliar with a swim spa, then just the title is enough to make you wonder what it is and how it can benefit you. But for those who knew immediately that a swim spa is a smaller version of a swimming pool, that is heated and provides the perfect way for a person to improve their health without having to leave their home, then chances are, you immediately thought of a variety of reasons to have a swim spa. In fact, this new advancement in the world of water therapy and health has huge following and is becoming popular for people of all ages, physical capabilities and available space.
A swim spa, as its name implies is perfect for swimming in, but is also ideal for therapy, fitness and overall well-being. But what are the common reasons that homeowners and even business owners are investing in this water feature rather a swimming pool? Here are but a few:
- Size – With most swimming pools starting at a size of 18×36′, they can take up a significant amount of our space. Because this is smaller (often 8×16 feet) you are left with plenty of space for other items or activities.
- Installation – Because they are installed above ground, the hole being dug is not necessary, which means no heavy equipment that will damage your yard. Plus, the install process is relatively quick.
- Lower Cost – Because it is smaller, it cost much less to build and install – sometimes as much as 4x less, not to mention it requires less water, and by extent, fewer chemicals to keep it in prime condition.
- Multi-use – Whether your goal is to just get in a few laps each day, you need a place to restore tired muscles, have arthritis or fibromyalgia and need to reduce the pain, or you just want to relax, this is the perfect location for water fun.
- Safe for the Whole Family – The swim spa is a great place to encourage family time. Plus, because they are normally no more than 4.5 feet deep it is just enough for the kids to bring in a few toys and enjoy the space as they would a full-size pool.
- Year- Round Usage – It can be used both indoors or outdoors, so it can be used all the time. Better yet, the swim spa is portable, so you are not limited to where you can use it.
The swim spa is a practical investment for anyone looking to improve their health and happiness. It can be designed to accommodate virtually any space, and provides you with hours of comfort, relaxation and strength building. Talk to a local spa or pool installer to learn what options are available for your space.